Prescio offers a service to help you migrate from legacy systems to new data warehousing environments as well as packaging new solutions for your real-time data needs. Our dedicated team is trained and educated in statistics and financial mathematics and can handle your advanced data warehousing needs as required.
Our data specialists are experienced in the following areas:
- Unstructured data processing tools like Hadoop
- Traditional ETL tools such as Informatica
- Data modeling tools such as ERwin
- Databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra)
- Data sources and formats (CSV, XML, JSON, RSS, API’s)
- Querying and programming languages (SQL, R, SAS, Java, Ruby, Python)
- Business intelligence tools (Tableau and QlikView)
Data warehousing has changed over the past few years with and explosion in the usage of large data sets and the popularity of Hadoop and NoSQL databases like MongoDB. In the past, data warehousing was done on a single platform where business analysts and executives accessed historical data for decision-making at certain time intervals. The data stored was structured and in a single format. Today, data is structured and unstructured, comes from a variety sources and is accessed from mobile devices, web applications to sensors and social media. This is precisely what has empowered the use of “Big Data” and what is becoming the Internet of Things (IoT).